Learn about Marlowe
Marlowe is a set of open source tools designed to simplify the creation, testing, and deployment of secure smart contracts on the Cardano blockchain. It caters to developers, regardless of their expertise in software development, by offering intuitive solutions to create, utilize, and monetize smart contracts with ease.
Marlowe contracts are unique due to their foundation in peer-reviewed research. Formal proofs, extensive testing, and analysis tools provide strong assurances for the safety of Marlowe contracts.
The deployment of Marlowe onto the mainnet includes the following features:
- Marlowe language: a domain-specific language (DSL) that includes a web-based platform to build and run smart contracts.
- Marlowe Playground: a simulator that allows testing smart contracts before deployment to ensure the code behaves as intended.
- Marlowe Runtime: the application backend for managing Marlowe contracts on the Cardano blockchain.
- Marlowe Runtime APIs: easy-to-use, higher-level APIs that enable developers to build and deploy enterprise and Web3 DApp solutions.
- Marlowe CLI: provides capabilities to work with Marlowe's Plutus validators and run Marlowe contracts manually.
- Marlowe starter kit: provides tutorials for developers to learn and run simple Marlowe contracts on the Cardano blockchain.
- Demeter Run integration: allows using the starter kit without installing any software.
- Updated documentation website: significantly expanded, updated, and integrated into the updated Marlowe website.
Get started with Marlowe
To get started with Marlowe, find the various resources on the updated documentation website:
Technical specifications and documentation
|Chain-agnostic Marlowe specification and reference implementation
|The Cardano specific implementation of Marlowe
|Documentation for introducing Marlowe to developers